× Members

ESA NO PAYMENT

• Jayne
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112336 by Jayne
ESA NO PAYMENT was created by Jayne
Dear Benefits and Work

My husband recently complete and ESA50 form, and this was due back by 20th September. He has also received a letter saying that his benefits will end on 26th October (he is ESA CB based and this is when the 365 days is up). Taking into account the dates he has been receiving his ESA payments over the past year, he expected his last payment to be in his account on Friday 18th October, but no money was paid in, and there is still no money now.

Would there be a reason for this? For instance, would they stop this payment because an ESA50 Form has been submitted.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by bro58. Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112339 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA NO PAYMENT
Your husband's ESA payments should not have stopped because he has submitted a new ESA50. However, it might have done if the form was not received in time.

I'm afraid that the only way you can know for sure is to contact DWP and ask. You might need to ask for an 'escalation' (which will involve a call-back from a supervisor) in order to get a definitive answer as the call centre staff are often poorly trained.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jayne
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #112345 by Jayne
Replied by Jayne on topic ESA NO PAYMENT
Thank you. He did get the form back in time he made sure of that. Guess we will have to ring them.

Thanks again.

• Jayne
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112594 by Jayne
Replied by Jayne on topic ESA NO PAYMENT
Hi there

As per my last forum message, I will be ringing the DWP tomorrow (haven't been able to before now). If I take into account the following then I reckon the DWP will say they haven't received the ESA50 Form.

The ESA50 form was due in on 20th September, I posted it on 17th September and ESA(CB) was due to finish on 26th October. The last two ESA Payments were due on 11th October and 25th October, but nothing has been paid..

I will ring them tomorrow morning. What should my course of action be if they say they didn't receive the ESA50 Form. I posted it at a post box so don't have an proof.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #112596 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA NO PAYMENT

Jayne wrote: Hi there

As per my last forum message, I will be ringing the DWP tomorrow (haven't been able to before now). If I take into account the following then I reckon the DWP will say they haven't received the ESA50 Form.

The ESA50 form was due in on 20th September, I posted it on 17th September and ESA(CB) was due to finish on 26th October. The last two ESA Payments were due on 11th October and 25th October, but nothing has been paid..

I will ring them tomorrow morning. What should my course of action be if they say they didn't receive the ESA50 Form. I posted it at a post box so don't have an proof.

Hi J,

You need to establish why your husband's ESA has ceased, if it is due to him exhausting his 365 days entitlement to CB ESA, then he should request an ESA 3 Financial Assessment Form to see whether he is entitled to IR ESA :

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

ESA is paid fortnightly in arrears.

ATOS do seem to be in turmoil at the moment.

If it has ceased due to the fact that they are saying that the ESA50 was not returned in time, and he has been found fit for work on a technicality, then that is a different matter.

You would be allowed to appeal this decision, and would have to show good cause, you would not be entitled to any monies whilst appealing.

You really need to find out why his ESA did not go into the bank before we can advise further.

bro58

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago #112598 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA NO PAYMENT
Hi J,

Just too add,

You could also contact ATOS to see whether they received the ESA50 by the deadline, and are processing it.

You can contact ATOS by E-mail, from their website, under WCA Customer Services on the right under "Contact Us" :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

Or phone them on : 0800 2888 777 Or 0113 230 9175

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.