× Members

ESA- WRAG

• ZOE G
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112356 by ZOE G
ESA- WRAG was created by ZOE G
Hi everyone.
I am zoe g and very glad to be here with you all.

I have been siriously struggling with the benefit cap since last year.

I had been on long term illness/ sickness income support based on sickness from 1998 till. July 2013. After filling in the esa form50 ..i was put without an atos medical examination into the eas work related group....a night mare for me. I suffer from agoraphobia,meniers deases, viral labyrinthitis since 2000 panick attack and anxious all the time espically around people or a person ,,,known or unknown , multiple athritis. Manic depression/bipolar disporder.severe mood swings and suicadal thoughts....atos knowink all this i filled the forms poperly in and had lots of additional papers from me in there to each question. But to i am living in a night mare and my mental conditions and physical conditions are worsened. I tried cab,sarc,welfare rights ect but they did not take my case because all of them are swamped with appels. Now i am all alone not knowing what to do. Ijob center forced me to take part in a treatment. Called steps 2 wellbeing,otherwise my personel adviser said the would sanction me till i self refer myself to that group. Having no option and haging on the edge i agrred, i filled in their requred forms and told more on the phone consultation.....the psychological practitioner said they have refer me to the acccess and assessment team. I am waiting for them to call me. The whole situation is getting me worse and worse everyday in everyway. I phoned and left a messege about the referal from the 2 step well being proram to the access and assessment team. My question is is there any chance for me to get to the support group? I dont think i will be able to endure this pressure and threats in life and on my existance.....i am not even ready to see any team for treatment...but the job center is really threattened me...what can i do....i am in despair.....please help me..anyone....
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZOE G
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112361 by ZOE G
Replied by ZOE G on topic ESA / WRAG 2.
I also suffer from extreme hyperopia and astigmatism and blatheritis and giant papillary conjuctivitis and blurry vision in general so i can only be 10 to 15 minutes online on the net. Thank you all :sick:
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112368 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA- WRAG
Zoe

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Can I ask that you do not post in capitals, we have a lot of members who use screen reading software which have problems with this :)

There are two ways for you to be placed in the Support Group, I will go through your options later in the post.

With regard the activities that you are being asked to do in the WRAG. The JC+ advisor should be agreeing an action plan with you, any actions that they ask you to undertake must take into account any limitations that result from your conditions, if you feel that this is not being done, then as a first action you should discuss this with your advisor, however, if you feel that they are not listening to your concerns then you are entitled to escalate this to a supervisor.

In regard to your getting into the Support Group.

Whatever route you choose you will only be placed in the SG if you meet one or more of the criteria.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Your first route is to show that there has been deterioration in your health since you were placed into the WRAG and that you now qualify for the SG. You will need to provide medical evidence that supports this and will likely have to complete a new ESA50 and attend a face to face assessment.

You can initiate this by contacting the DWP office that deals with your claim (not the JC+ office where your advisor is), and ask for a Supersession or re-assessment of your claim due to a deteriorated condition.

Alternatively or in addition, you can appeal the Decision that placed you in the WRAG by arguing that you met the SG criteria at that time.

In either case you should have a look at our ESA Claim Guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and in particular if you appeal, our ESA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

I know I have posted a lot of information, but have a read and if you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZOE G

More
10 years 6 months ago #112371 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA- WRAG
Just to add to Gordon's excellent and comprehensive advice, may I suggest that you bookmark this topic (or make it a favourite on your web browser). Then you will be able to find it easily in future so that you can return to re-read the links and ask further questions as you go along :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZOE G

• ZOE G
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #112451 by ZOE G
Replied by ZOE G on topic ESA- WRAG
Thank you mrs.hurtyback. Good luck to you as well. I hope things will work out for me too. Love Zoe

• ZOE G
  • Topic Author
10 years 6 months ago #112453 by ZOE G
Replied by ZOE G on topic ESA- WRAG
Thank you Gordon for all the advice. I hope i will be able to go through the links in time. My jb+ superviser is not ok,but thank for all your efforts to reply for me. My appointment is in the middle of march next year 2014 , so i will be taking part with the local access and assessment group and their telephone therapy with me. I hope till then i will be able to build a case.....my deadbeat gp is being notifyied about everything during this time. Again thank you from my heart Gordon....

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.