× Members

esa and husbands earnings

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112617 by intrested
esa and husbands earnings was created by intrested
Hi
If and when I am transfer ed to esa from sda will the fact my husband works affect any benifit I get, I only ask as on Sda my husbands earnings don't get counted
Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112619 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic esa and husbands earnings

intrested wrote: Hi
If and when I am transfer ed to esa from sda will the fact my husband works affect any benifit I get, I only ask as on Sda my husbands earnings don't get counted
Thank you

Hi i,

As you will see from the FAQ link below :

What will I be transferred to?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

As you are currently receiving SDA, if successfully transferred to ESA, it would be Contribution Based (CB) ESA.

As it will be CB ESA, your husband's weekly hours of work and household income from his wages should not have any effect on your CB ESA payments.

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112621 by intrested
Replied by intrested on topic esa and husbands earnings
Thank you for your reply, if I don't get transferred to esa will my dla be stopped I have an indefinite award and not in the area that is going through tranfer process .
Thank you

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112622 by bro58
Hi i,

Just to prepare you, as you would be paid CB ESA, if you are not placed into The Support Group (SG) you will only receive the CB ESA for 365 days :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If you cannot gain access to The SG, before the 365 days have been exhausted, your CB ESA would cease, and you would receive NI Credits only which will go towards your State Pension.

Usually, once a CB ESA recipient's 365 days have been used up, they would be assessed to see whether they can pass the means test for entitlement to Income Related (IR) ESA.

In that scenario, his income would be counted, and if he works more than 24 hours/week, you would not be entitled to any IR ESA.

See :

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

&

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

bro58

More
10 years 5 months ago #112624 by intrested
Replied by intrested on topic esa and husbands earnings
Thanks again for that its just I was told by some one that I would lose my dla as well if not trasfered to esa .

• bro58
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #112625 by bro58

intrested wrote: Thank you for your reply, if I don't get transferred to esa will my dla be stopped I have an indefinite award and not in the area that is going through tranfer process .
Thank you

Hi i,

Please see my previous additional post which has crossed with yours :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=99635#112622

We have heard from members where a fit for work decision as a result of the ESA WCA transfer process has had an adverse effect on an existing DLA award.

For this to occur, there would have to be information within the ESA Medical Report that was contradictory to your existing award of DLA.

ESA and DLA have different qualifying criteria, e.g.

With DLA Mobility, it is simply a walking test, with ESA the "mobilising test" also includes the use of a manual wheelchair unaided.

Therefore, in that instance, failure to qualify for ESA under "mobilising" would not necessarily mean that you no longer fulfilled the walking test for DLA Mobility.

Just to add, the recent changes to DLA recipients being invited to claim PIP, has not changed for DLA recipients with indefinite awards.

As things currently stand, they will still not be invited to claim PIP until sometime after October 2015.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.