× Members

awaiting new decision letter

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112752 by Mags
awaiting new decision letter was created by Mags
Hello Again

I received my letter that my decision had been changed in my favour (DR3 unsigned) on 11 October dated 9th October, but have heard nothing more. My amount has not changed yet as I was in the wrag group and appealling for support group, how long should I give them before I ring to see what is happening or do I just wait?

Many thanks
Mags
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112754 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic awaiting new decision letter

Mags wrote: Hello Again

I received my letter that my decision had been changed in my favour (DR3 unsigned) on 11 October dated 9th October, but have heard nothing more. My amount has not changed yet as I was in the wrag group and appealling for support group, how long should I give them before I ring to see what is happening or do I just wait?

Many thanks
Mags

I am afraid I cannot tell from your previous posts whether this was the result of a Reconsideration or an appeal, for the former I would expect it to take 3-4 weeks for the revised payments for the former and 6-8 weeks for the latter.

I would not pester the DWP every week, but there is no harm in ringing them weekly for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #112757 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic awaiting new decision letter
Gordon

Thank you, it was a reconsideration, it only took about 2 weeks for the DWP to change their minds, I rang a couple of weeks back and was told that on the screen I was still in the WRAG but that it was possibly stuck in the system somewhere as I was owed money.

Will give them a bit longer as I don't like ringing them, hubby says they will catch up eventually :)

Mags

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112997 by Mags
Well I plucked up courage and rang yesterday. Lady was very helpful, I am a bit confusing on the phone when asking things, but she listened, anyway my new decision letter is in the system somewhere and will eventually arrive (hopefully), the length of time is still 2 years. I asked what was the support decision made on and she said it was the extra evidence I sent in they used that with what was in my file so I am working on the assumption is was Reg.35. My doctor wrote a brilliant letter and I sent some things in a friend found on the net to explain a bit more.

Would have thought that everyday hazards would be the one but we acknowledged that we know I do these things and do things to try and avoid accident. Looking in the wca handbood, it does state that if a person knows they they have a problem then it doesn't count, but thats okay if I dont have brain fog but if I do I dont know I am doing it so dont see why it shouldnt count, but I suppose its to limit what we can use.

Anyway thanks again.
Mags
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #113002 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic awaiting new decision letter
Mags

Hopefully the adjusted payments will not be long.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113925 by Mags
Just an update

Still heard nothing from DWP about winning reconsideration, and my money has not changed, so I rang them again today, find it very stressful as I get confused and forget the words I need. I have to write things out so I know what to say.

Anyway the lady was very helpful but informed me that nothing had been done and that I was still in the WRAG. I read my letter out to her and she then sent an email to try and get this sorted out as this had not been put on the system. She said I should get a phone call by Monday 1.00pm from someone explaining things.

I asked if I could still be asked to attend a WFI and she said it could happen, but to take my letter with me showing I had won and was in the support group.

I find this very stressful and it is having an effect on my symptoms, and I have read on the web of people getting letters like mine then taking ages to get things sorted out. My transfer from IB to ESA up till now has gone very good and I feel like I was one of the lucky ones.

Is this normal or am I just unlucky?

Mags

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.