× Members

Initial Atos/DWP contact after completing an ESA50

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113205 by jmlennon18
Hi,
I would like to ask if you know how Atos initially contacts a claimant after they have returned their
ESA50 form. I believe they phone the claimant at some point. How long does it take to make contact and
does the contact come directly from Atos or the DWP, or is it contracted out? I would be grateful for any help anyone can give me with this. We live in Scotland and I sent the form to Atos in Edinburgh
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113208 by

jmlennon18 wrote: Hi,
I would like to ask if you know how Atos initially contacts a claimant after they have returned their
ESA50 form. I believe they phone the claimant at some point. How long does it take to make contact and
does the contact come directly from Atos or the DWP, or is it contracted out? I would be grateful for any help anyone can give me with this. We live in Scotland and I sent the form to Atos in Edinburgh

Hi j18,

You will only hear from ATOS if they decide that a face to face assessment is necessary.

If this is the case, they may phone you, however, you should receive written notification of an appointment giving at least 7 days notice, unless you have previously agreed to forgo the 7 days notice.

If ATOS feel that you have provided enough evidence in the ESA50, they will do an assessment on paper scrutiny alone, and return your file to The DWP, who will then make the decision and inform you in writing.

In either scenario, ATOS only make recommendations, and then return a report to the DWP DM who makes the final decision.

Our members are currently suffering long delays in hearing anything after returning their ESA50.

Once you are sure that ATOS have received the ESA50 by the deadline, the ball is firmly in their court.

You can of course contact ATOS for an update if you wish :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by .

More
10 years 5 months ago #113232 by jmlennon18
Hi,
Thanks for the info - most helpful!

• Cal
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113280 by Cal
Hi iv now been waiting 20 weeks, I returned the esa50 form 20 weeks yesterday via special delivery. Is this normal. Many thanks for any information.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113281 by Gordon

Cal wrote: Hi iv now been waiting 20 weeks, I returned the esa50 form 20 weeks yesterday via special delivery. Is this normal. Many thanks for any information.

Unfortunately it is not, you can contact ATOS to find out what is going on with your claim.

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: customer-relations @ atoshealthcare.com (remove the space around the @)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cal

• Cal
10 years 5 months ago #113287 by Cal
I have read people have been waiting 6 months maybe more. Iv got an appointment with my gp tomorrow I will ask if anybody has been in touch with her. Thanks for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.