× Members

ESA Sanctions

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113769 by twigesa
ESA Sanctions was created by twigesa
My ESA advisor says I can be sanctioned for not applying to jobs .I thought they could not make you apply for jobs?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113770 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Sanctions
They cannot make you apply for paid work however they can suggest voluntary work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twigesa

More
10 years 5 months ago #113772 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Sanctions
Hi twigesa,

You are correct, you cannot be required to seek work whilst on ESA. However, this is something that we are hearing more and more often of late. It sounds as if many advisers, and work program providers, are unaware of the difference between ESA and JSA!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 5 months ago #113774 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Sanctions
Yes that's true, the same work programme providers are used for both and they very often do not get separate ESA training. I would always double check things with the forum if you are unsure.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113785 by twigesa
Replied by twigesa on topic ESA Sanctions
Thanks PUcca and Mrs HUrty.My Wfi after my 104 weeks on WOrk Programme was very threatening.Advisor said to take out my last job from cv as I was dismissed under gross misconduct.I am trying to get it in writing as the manager seems to agree with advisor.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113786 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Sanctions
This is the second time in 2 days that I have heard of claimants being advised to 'doctor' the CV to leave out significant, but unfavourable, information :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.