Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC:

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229458

Glad the forum is back up and running and I hope everyone had a good Easter.

I wrote my submissions the best I could and sent it off so I guess it's just waiting now. Then it will be upper tribunal :(

If I was to make a claim for pip, how would that impact things?

Could it go against me ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229463

Stressed

PIP is awarded for different reasons to ESA, even where there are overlaps between the two the criteria is still different so I don't see why your applying for PIP should be an issue. Our PIP Claim explains the criteria you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229464

Gordon wrote: Stressed

PIP is awarded for different reasons to ESA, even where there are overlaps between the two the criteria is still different so I don't see why your applying for PIP should be an issue. Our PIP Claim explains the criteria you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon



I keep being told that I really should be on pip instead of esa.

So I was thinking that if all else fails with the upper tribunal them may be I could try and switch to pip.

I just don't know if I could face another medical assessment :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229466

Stressed wrote: I just don't know if I could face another medical assessment :(


I'm afraid you are unlikely to avoid one on a new claim.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229470

Gordon wrote:

Stressed wrote: I just don't know if I could face another medical assessment :(


I'm afraid you are unlikely to avoid one on a new claim.

Gordon


Let's see what happens after it's gone through the upper tribunal :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 7 months ago #229489

Stressed

You keep mentioning an appeal to the Upper Tribunal but from your posts this an appeal to the First Tier Tribunal?

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS