Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC:

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230385

Gordon wrote: Stressed

Don't assume you can make an appeal to the UTT, it will depend on what is in the SoR.

Gordon



Do you mean I may not be allowed to appeal to the upper tribunal?

Is there a template to request the Statement of Reasons and the Record of Proceedings ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230386

Stressed

I mean that you may not have reason to appeal to the UTT, it is all down to whether you can show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision, not because you disagree with the Decision that was made.

There's no template all you have to do is to write to the Tribunal venue requesting the Judge in charge of your hearing provide a SoR and RoP.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230388

Gordon wrote: Stressed

I mean that you may not have reason to appeal to the UTT, it is all down to whether you can show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision, not because you disagree with the Decision that was made.

There's no template all you have to do is to write to the Tribunal venue requesting the Judge in charge of your hearing provide a SoR and RoP.

Gordon



Oh ok.

From looking at the guides it will probably fall in to these to reasons depending on what they send me:


The decision made is supported by no evidence.

The tribunal did not give proper findings of fact or provide adequate reasons for its decision. There must be sufficient reasons so that you can see why it reached the decision it did.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230477

I have someone that is going to help me request the statement of reasons.


Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230503

Stressed wrote: Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?


No, I'm afraid it's not payable during a UTT appeal. However, if the First Tier Decision is Set Aside then the Assessment rate should become payable again, from the date of the first hearing, subject to your having Fit Notes to cover the period.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stressed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Health Assessment (my journey) :-( 1 year 5 months ago #230515

Gordon wrote:

Stressed wrote: Will I continue to receive ESA at assessment rate while I'm waiting and if I'm able to go to the upper tribunal?


No, I'm afraid it's not payable during a UTT appeal. However, if the First Tier Decision is Set Aside then the Assessment rate should become payable again, from the date of the first hearing, subject to your having Fit Notes to cover the period.

Gordon


Oh no :-(

So they would have already stopped my ESA then?
If so what will I do for money.

When you say if the first tier is set aside, do you mean if I win at the upper tribunal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBIS