Login FormClose

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Couple splitting up

Couple splitting up 4 days 17 hours ago #248096

My daughters common law partner had an affair and left her my daughter was claiming for him and he was her carer
He's now cancelled carers allowance and put in a separate claim, my daughter is claiming ESA + PIP. What I want to know is will my daughter be able to still claim those or will she be automatically put onto Universal credit? She's been on these benefits for yrs also he left her with 3 young kids if this is relevant. Pls someone help me with some answers she's at her wits end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Couple splitting up 4 days 11 hours ago #248104

Hi Allen

We do not have enough information to give you an answer.

The first question to ask is, what type of ESA does your daughter claim (IR) or (CB)?
What components of PIP does she receive? I assume she gets daily living component.
Does your daughter live on her own? not including 3 young children under 18.
Is she eligible to claim SDP with her ESA www.gov.uk/disability-premiums/what-youll-get

If your daughter lives on her own with 3 young children, and no one claims carers allowance against her PIP claim then she needs to contact ESA and apply for SDP, this would exempt her from going on to UC www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2019/feb...eredisabilitypremium .

She will not automatically be put on UC, she needs to sort out her ESA first and if applicable get SDP and then everything should fall in place.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Form Heading