Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.


The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: PIP Standard awarded!

PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191312

I have been awarded standard care PIP and want to say thank you for everybody's help here.
I have been sent a further Severe Disability Premium letter and form which I am a little suspicious about as it asks about a carer and I do not have one. Do they base that on savings and want to delve into my bank account?

PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191319


Congratulations on the award, well done.

I am guessing that you are receiving ESA(IR), the SD Premium is payable to claimants who are receiving a PIP Daily Living award and live alone, nor must anybody be receiving Carers Allowance for them. The form is to check on this.

If you are eligible then it would be an extra £60+ a week.


PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191325

Yes that's the form. I have a housemate who is a fellow tenant, would that count as not living alone?

PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191328

I am confused by the form. I share a house. but have my own separate bedroom and share bathroom, kitchen, living room. I am a lodger as landlord officially lives in the house (although he is never really here due to studying abroad) and there is a female tenant (lead tenant according to contract) who has her own bedroom too. I want to be as truthful as possible, although I feel a little anxious about DWP going through my bank statements (under £6000 so OK there) and seeing where I grocery shop online as I value my privacy. I have already made mistakes on Severe Disability Premium form and was wondering if they would accept a scanned and printed pdf copy which I scanned when it was still blank?

PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191334


OK first things first, do you receive Income Related ESA or a similar benefit?

You need to be receiving ESA(IR) or similar for the SDP to be paid.

If you are receiving a suitable benefit then you do not need to worry about the DWP going through your bank statements, there is no requirement for them to look at your financial situation again in order to pay the SDP.

All you can with the form is fill it in with as much detail as possible. It is possible to receive the SDP if you have someone living with you as a separate tenant, so it is worth your pursuing the matter.

It's a standard form. I'm sure that they will accept a copy that you have printed.


PIP Standard awarded! 1 year 10 months ago #191336

I receive ESA in Support Group which I got mainly thanks to this group and your good advice. I feel a bit relieved by the answers you just gave.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: GordonIzzy1010