Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and DLA Updates

Our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


ESA AND INDUSTRIAL INJURIES 2 weeks 2 days ago #220466

Hi, Please can anyone offer an explanation about how the Industrial Injuries Benefit works.
I an in the supprt group for ESA.
A friend asked me why I wasn't getting Industrial Injuries Benefit, with my permanent disability being caused by an accident at work in 2006.
Will the Industrial Injuries affect my other benefits. ie: ESA (support group) and Enhanced levels of PIP in both categories.
I didn't know Industrial Injuries Benefit existed until a couple of days ago.
TIA for any info


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ESA AND INDUSTRIAL INJURIES 2 weeks 2 days ago #220476


I'm afraid we do not advise on IIDB, I would recommend that you get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

ESA AND INDUSTRIAL INJURIES 1 week 21 hours ago #220992

I get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit and like you didn't even know it existed. I also got DLA (now migrated to PIP) and ESA support group again just like you.
It was Jobcentre plus that told me about it and checked to see if I was eligible. They gave me the form to claim and it ended up being based on the medical evidence they had for the other benefits as they were very recent.
The first thing I had to do was send details to the DWP to get them to confirm that it was an Industrial Accident. Once I had that I submitted the claim for IIDB. They calculate the benefit according to the percentage they reckon you are disabled based on the medical evidence. Like DLA/PIP it is not taxable and it has no effect on ESA or DLA/PIP. I found they pretty much leave you alone once it goes into payment.
Like any other benefit you have to tell them if you deteriorate or improve. It's paid 4 weekly.
I found Jobcentre plus really helpful with this so I would speak to them. If you already have confirmation from the DWP it's an Industrial Accident then you're part if the way there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy , da

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs HurtybackIzzy1010LisaJenny Clarke