Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


ESA 6 months 4 days ago #221413

Hello, ive had a letter from dwp, saying they need to look at my claim again, i think this is to do with the possible underpayments they have made over the years and has been in the news recently, i came off of SDA in 2014 and onto the ESA, im in support group, the letter has enclosed a form for me to fill in but its for the period from 2014 till now, i was however living on my own from 2014 till 2016, so about 18 months possibly they may owe me? but what i need to know is, do you know if i fill it in and i qualify for income related (on contributory at moment) will it trigger UC? also if i stay on contributory am i right in saying that this is NOT included in the UC payments? so contributory is not part of the UC? thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ESA 6 months 4 days ago #221443


This will not trigger a transfer to UC, if you are eligible then you will receive an ESA(IR) top-up to your existing ESA(CB) payments.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: GordonSarah MartinGaryBIS