Benefits and Work readers are being offered a 50% discount on the hugely comprehensive, 465 page PIP caselaw pack, which is now available in print and on USB stick.
The pack has already received positive reviews from professionals and claimants alike, including Benefits and Work readers:
“absolutely brilliant” said a mother who is helping her son appeal against the decision which refused him PIP when he formerly got Disability Living Allowance for both his care and mobility needs;
“unbelievably detailed content, and delivered so quickly” said a father who was seeking to put together a letter of mandatory reconsideration to obtain PIP for his daughter;
“This book deserves a wide audience and should be on the desk of every advice worker…It is described as the ‘First edition’. It is to be hoped that there will be many more to follow.” Hugh Howard - Regional Tribunal Judge
The 465-page publication contains a summary of some 200 Personal Independence Payment case law decisions from the Upper Tribunal (and Northern Ireland Commissioners) and Superior Courts which have developed since Personal Independence Payment was first introduced in April 2013.
Topics covered include:
- each of the different ‘daily living component’ activity areas
- each of the different ‘mobility component’ activity areas
- safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period
- 50% of days test
- the required period - the retrospective test and prospective test
- aids and appliances
- general adjudication and evidential issues including the length of awards
- DLA to PIP transfer cases and adequate reasons
- failure to attend a medical and ‘good reason’
- PIP supersessions
- adverse decisions - the circumstances in which an award may be reduced or entitlement to a component removed altogether by the First-tier Tribunal.
The publication is available in two formats:
£58.50 (discount price just £29.25) - traditional printed book - ISBN: 978-0-9934754-6-7
£49.50 (discount price £24.75) - electronic on a USB stick - ISBN: 978-0-9934754-7-4
You may order both the printed book and electronic version for £82.50 (discount price £41.25) as a set. If you are purchasing the publication in electronic format, you will get a copy of each of the individual case law decisions and judgements summarised within the work.
When ordering please quote the Benefits and Work members DISCOUNT CODE of ‘B+WPIP1’ to qualify for the 50% discount.
If you would like to place an order for a copy of the publication then you may do so by simply emailing Mark Perlic, who compiles the publication, at firstname.lastname@example.org - when ordering please state the format in which you would like your copy (book and/or USB stick).
Also, please confirm the postal address you wish your order to go to and the address you want the invoice to be sent should this be different.