7 August 2006

In a recent Westminster Hall debate Michael Wills, MP for Swindon, complained that his constituents and Citizens Advice Bureau found it impossible to get through to their 'local' St Austell based Jobcentre Plus call centre. He, however, can get through because there is a dedicated contact centre solely for MPs. The result, as the disgruntled MP complained, is that ". . . the only point of contact for all the people in North Swindon who need to get in contact is through me . . .".

Clearly the DWP don't want to MPs to get the same dismal service as everyone else. So, if you're having problems getting through to Jobcentre Plus why not give your local MP a ring and ask them to make a call on your behalf? Even if they won't do so, if MPs are hassled enough by constituents they'll put pressure on ministers to improve the service.

You can find your MP's contact details by typing your postcode into the UK Parliament Find your MP page.
You can read Mr Wills contribution to the debate.
Or you can read the whole debate.


Write comments...
or post as a guest
Loading comment... The comment will be refreshed after 00:00.

Be the first to comment.

We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.