For the month of February, Benefits and Work members can try out our online, on-demand training by taking the Introduction to PIP training module free of charge.
Our training is particularly aimed at support workers who need to understand PIP as part of their work and claimants who want to test their own understanding of PIP because getting their claim right is absolutely vital or because they support friends and relatives with their claims.
The only difference between the free module and the paid-for one is that the free one does not give you access to support from a welfare rights worker.
This Introduction to PIP module will help you:
- Understand the rules about who can get PIP, so you can decide for yourself how much you're entitled to
- Start a claim, understand how you are assessed, and how a decision is made
- Understand why your award lasts for the time it does, what to do if your circumstances change, and what happens if your award is due to end
- Know what happens to your PIP award if you are away from home, such as in hospital or abroad
What learners have told us about this module:
“Clear and concise.”
“Easy to follow with emphasis on most important information.”
“Great Introduction, learnt a lot, thanks.”
Members who enjoy the module and wish to extend their learning further, can get 20% off all our training, including modules on:
- Aids and appliances
- Attending the assessment
- Reliability and fluctuating conditions
- PIP mobility and mental health
If you’re a Benefits and Work member and you’d like to give this module a try, visit the PIP members page for more details.