27 August 2008
Current ESA training.
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is almost upon us. The ESA regs will apply to all new claims from 27 October 2008.
Our Introduction to Employment and Support Allowance course on 7 October is now fully booked, so we’ve added another date, but don’t leave it too long as it seems that suddenly everyone wants ESA training:
Introduction to Employment and Support Allowance. Tuesday 21 October. Bristol.
Trainer: Steve Donnison
This one day course provides a clear overview of the new Employment and Support Allowance due to be introduced in October 2008. No previous benefits knowledge is required and the training is suitable both for advice workers and for support workers who do not give benefits advice but do need a good awareness of the possible effects of ESA on their clients.
By the end of the day, participants will understand:
the basic qualifying conditions for ESA
- what will happen to claimants during the assessment and main phases of ESA
- the medical tests used to assign claimants to the work-related activity group and the support group and the possible exemptions
- the purpose of the work-focused health-related assessment
- claimant’s responsibilities in relation to work-focused interviews
- the sanctions regime
- appeal rights under ESA
- what will happen to existing incapacity benefits claimants