In regard to personal independence payment (PIP), the law states that "unaided" means without:
- the use of an aid or appliance; or
- assistance, prompting or supervision.
"Unaided" is relevant to the following personal independence payment activities:
1. Preparing food.
2. Taking nutrition.
3. Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition.
4. Washing and bathing.
5. Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
6. Dressing and undressing.
7. Communicating verbally.
8. Reading and understanding signs, symbols and words.
9. Engaging with other people face to face.
10. Making budgeting decisions.
1. Planning and following journeys.
2. Moving around