× Members

Is "Agreeing-to-Attend"The JC+Interview Binding?

• James
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114479 by James
Hallo,Continuing the Saga Have now received another version of the Call To Interview
Letter from JC+.
This one is sterner and demands to be given a reason for non attendance plus
and to "agree to attend"an interview in future.
The awnsers are straightforward:
1)Reason for non attendance."Sick".(Like I told ATOS if they'd cared to listen and not wrongly placed me in WRAG)
2)Date for future attendence.As far in the future as possible preferably- never.
My question is if I "agree"( aka Promise) to attend some weeks hence then can't, through illness once again, then will it be held against me and Sanctions backdated to the date of the agreement instead of the later actual date of non attendance?
The interview has been postponed until the middle of The Christmas-New Year
Holiday.This is about the 5th or 6 th Postponement!I have yet to attend the first JC+Interview
since being put in WRAG in September as I keep getting Sick.
The Advisor did not seem to remember me and I was treated as an NI Number!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114481 by Gordon
James

I am sorry but we cannot advise as to the type of commitment you would be making by signing this document.

The DWP's position is that having been placed in the WRAG you a capable of carrying any Work Related Activity that they wish you to do, so there will be two elements to your non attendance that you need to cover, any limitations that are the result of your condition(s) and any health problems you had on the day of the appointment.

By explaining your limitations you will help them to understand what they can expect of you, although you should expect to be challenged about this.

Any problems on the day would be helped by a letter from your GP or even a Fit Note, although you are normally expected to self-certificate for the first seven days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

• James
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #114485 by James
Thanks Gordon.I wasnt actually asked to sign and return anything-just to verbally agree over the phone by talking with the advisor.
They dont seem to offer a letter writing facility much at the JC+.
Perhaps I ought to have pre booked an appointment just to discuss this with the advisor
ie a pre interview session to agree a date but that might take another 4 weeks!
I wasnt asked to certift luckily just the 3 letter word "Ill"was enough.
They already have years of documentation from Medical Professionals on my sickness
so they oughtn't to need explanations or be surprised then when its no show every time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.