× Members

appeal to be put in support group

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114488 by johng
appeal to be put in support group was created by johng
hi,
this is my first post here.
i am in the process of appealing against being put in the WRAG instead of the support group.
i have someone from MIND helping me appeal.
this morning i got a letter from the job center saying i have got a work group interview next friday 13th.
what i would like to know is should i have to go to this WRAG interview while i am appealing?
it says on the letter to phone the job center if i have good reason not to take part in the interview,i think the physical and mental health problems i suffer from that i have told them about in my appeal letter should mean i shouldn't be going to it or be in the WRAG.
i have emailed my support worker at MIND but she isn't in until Monday.
i wondered if anyone here knows how i stand on this?
thanks,hopefully someone here can let me know .hope that all makes sense.
john.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114492 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appeal to be put in support group

johng wrote: hi,
this is my first post here.
i am in the process of appealing against being put in the WRAG instead of the support group.
i have someone from MIND helping me appeal.
this morning i got a letter from the job center saying i have got a work group interview next friday 13th.
what i would like to know is should i have to go to this WRAG interview while i am appealing?
it says on the letter to phone the job center if i have good reason not to take part in the interview,i think the physical and mental health problems i suffer from that i have told them about in my appeal letter should mean i shouldn't be going to it or be in the WRAG.
i have emailed my support worker at MIND but she isn't in until Monday.
i wondered if anyone here knows how i stand on this?
thanks,hopefully someone here can let me know .hope that all makes sense.
john.

I am afraid that your appealing for the SG does not excuse you from the requirement to take part in Work Related Activity and failing to do so can lead to your benefit being sanctioned.

If your conditions mean that you would have problems attending, then I would recommend that you contact the JC+ advisor about this, they may be willing to hold the interview over the phone, however, this will be at their discretion. If they refuse, then you have no choice but to attend, however, you can take a companion for physical and moral support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.