× Members

Esa support group

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114531 by wispafish
Esa support group was created by wispafish
Can someone clarify something for me. If you are put in esa support group does that mean its income related and not contribution based?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114533 by
Replied by on topic Esa support group

wispafish wrote: Can someone clarify something for me. If you are put in esa support group does that mean its income related and not contribution based?

Hi wf,

Which group of ESA you are placed into, (WRAG or SG) and whether you are entitled to payment of CB ESA or IR ESA in either group, are totally unrelated issues.

Which "group" you are placed into is totally dependent on whether you fulfill the WRAG or SG descriptors when being assessed.

Whether you are entitled to CB ESA, IR ESA or both CB ESA and IR ESA, are totally dependent on your NI Contribution history, and personal/financial circumstances.

For people being migrated over to ESA from IB, IS or SDA, which is also related to the above, see :

What will I be transferred to?

bro58

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114536 by wispafish
Replied by wispafish on topic Esa support group
I was placed in esa support group back in june but it took them 5 months to make a decision. I have paid enough national insurance as was working for 7 years previously its just the letter they sent mentions income based esa and seems incorrect.

10 years 4 months ago #114538 by

wispafish wrote: I was placed in esa support group back in june but it took them 5 months to make a decision. I have paid enough national insurance as was working for 7 years previously its just the letter they sent mentions income based esa and seems incorrect.

Hi wf,

As you are in The SG, you may be entitled to IR ESA top ups in the form of premiums.

The only qualifying criteria for The Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP), (if you are entitled to IR ESA top ups) is that you are in The SG.

ESA Premiums

To see whether you are entitled to IR ESA top ups, (on top of your CB ESA) you would have to be financially assessed.

This is generally done by filling in an ESA3 form, which should be available on request from your local benefits office.

You would have to fulfill the IR ESA means test, with respect to household income, capital, assets and savings.

See also : Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Even though SG entry entitles you to The EDP, it will not be paid unless you are also entitled to IR ESA, in that you pass the means test, as above.

bro58

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114540 by wispafish
Replied by wispafish on topic Esa support group
Thats not what im saying. As i was put into support group esa, is the first year contribution based. The letter says im on income related but as ive paid enough national insurance surely i should be on contribution based.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114541 by

wispafish wrote: Thats not what im saying. As i was put into support group esa, is the first year contribution based. The letter says im on income related but as ive paid enough national insurance surely i should be on contribution based.

Hi wf,

If you are entitled to, and paid CB ESA in The SG, it is not only for 365 days. (365 days entitlement to payment of CB ESA is only applicable if not in The SG)

See : 12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

So, CB ESA will remain in payment for as long as you remain in The SG.

Further, it does not count against your 365 days entitlement to CB ESA.

Therefore, if you were moved out of The SG at some future reassessment, you would still have your full 365 days entitlement to CB ESA.

What I am saying is, that you can be paid CB ESA, as you have the necessary NI Contributions, and be paid IR ESA, on top of this.

As it would be impossible for us to have access to your personal details on an open forum, you would have to address any queries that you have regarding your payment of IR ESA to the DWP, or gain face to face advice :

Where to get advice?

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.