× Members

ESA appeal today

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #114553 by Daisydream
ESA appeal today was created by Daisydream
My ESA appeal was scheduled to take place today at 10.40am, I received a phone call at 9.30am from the Clerk to the Tribunal asking me if i was planning to attend the tribunal, I told her yes that I would be there as I had requested a oral hearing, I enquired regarding disabled parking as I am a blue badge holder and I cannot walk far and she told me there was no parking facilities outside the court. At 9.45am got another call from the same lady telling me the tribunal had been ajourned because the judge had decided that something was missing from the tribunal papers, can you please advise me as to what's going on, my appeal papers consists of 153 pages and they have had them 2 weeks, surely they should have been read beforehand and not on the morning of the appeal. My husband had to take a day off work to take me to the tribunal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The Clerk of the Court did say that I would received a letter maybe midweek stating what is actually missing and hopefully another date. Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #114556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal today
Daisy

I know it is frustrating but you will need to wait until you receive the letter, anything we might come up with as to the problem would be pure guesswork.

Although the papers for an appeal are issued in advance of the hearing, they are not usually read, in depth, until the night before or the day of the hearing, the panel members will likely be hearing multiple cases throughout the day and they need to ensure that they do not confuse the details of one case with another.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #114557 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA appeal today
Hi Gordon

Am I correct in thinking that the DWP should get in touch with my own GP regarding my medical condition, should they have requested a ESA113 completed by my GP?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #114567 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA appeal today

Daisydream wrote: Hi Gordon

Am I correct in thinking that the DWP should get in touch with my own GP regarding my medical condition, should they have requested a ESA113 completed by my GP?

The DWP are not required to contact a claimants GP for additional information, a recent DWP statistic shows that they only contact the GP in about 25% of assessments and most usually when there is a possibility of a Support Group award.

More worryingly, the DWP report that only a 1/4 of GP's actually respond to their request, despite their being contractually obliged to do so and receiving an extra payment for doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Daisydream
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #114574 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic ESA appeal today
Gordon

Thank you very much for your advise it is very much appreciated Gordon, I will keep in touch and let you know.

Regards
Daisydream

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.