× Members

Atos assessment

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114562 by amanda
Atos assessment was created by amanda
Please help. I'm going out of my mind with worry. Had home assessment on wednesday, the doctor asked me so much so quickly that my husband had a job to keep up with his notes. she asked me the same things over and over and even said id said three years to a question when i had said a year and a half. I have been on long term IB since it changed from invalidity benefit years ago. I have several prolapsed discs and various other back issues. I also have problems socially, don't leave the house very much and have terrible anxiety and depression due to all the pain. I try to control everything with meds, which she also questioned me about a hundred times till i couldnt remember my own name. she asked me nothing about any help i get, hobbies, or a number of other things i expected. she didnt do a physical medical at all,( I was in great pain though) She had a letter from my doctor which i had had my friend sort out the day before. she had my mri scan results from october a copy of my letter stating that i have been awarded higher rate mobility for indefinately and a copy of my industrial injuries award for life. My husband has had several episodes or recurrent depressive disorder and had ECT 4 times so far( in seperate illnesses) and I'm also worried this is going to take its toll on his mental health. he always goes back to work as soon as he can but I cannot work at all. I am so worried about what I'm going to do if they turn down my ESA.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Atos assessment
Amanda

The first thing to say is that the majority of IB claimants are transferred to ESA, I think the latest figures are around the 70% level, also, I assume you used our guides to help you complete the ESA50 and whilst this does not guarantee success, we believe our success rate is far higher than the national average.

If the worst does occur, then you can challenge the Decision, I will warn you that it may take some time, but again we have had a lot of success with members appealing their Decisions.

I know it is a lot easier to say than to actually do, but you have done all that you can at the moment, think positively, you may well be transferred without problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.