× Members

ESA Result for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114626 by jazabelle
ESA Result for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome was created by jazabelle
I just wanted to update you all about my ESA claim.

As a bit of background - I had a horrible time claiming DLA. I had two medicals with doctors who had never heard of my condition, and one shouted at me. I had to go to tribunal twice, and was called a liar by the judge in their written report when they turned me down. I had a breakdown over it, and it was a miserable few years. Finally on my third claim I had a medical with a doctor who had actually heard of and understood my condition, and I was awarded both mob/care at high rate. But this experience made me dread the ESA process.

I claimed ESA in April, and had to send the forms back in July. I did them by myself, as I couldn't find anyone that could help me. So I did my best using your guides which were very helpful. I phoned them shortly afterwards and was told my claim had been passed to ATOS for a medical. I heard nothing more and have been worried sick since, particularly with the new changes where you don't get paid if you get turned down while it's being reconsidered.

Today I got the brown envelope. I've been put straight into the support group, no medical needed - for two years! Plus I get back pay from July-November. I've been shaking and crying all day, I'm so relieved. It's such a weight off my mind.

Thank you for your help!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114637 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Result for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
That's great news, thanks for letting us know! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jazabelle

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114638 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Result for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Congratulations jb, well done !!! :cheer:

Thank you for returning with the update, it can only give other members hope of success.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.