× Members

DEAF CLAIMANTS

• xyzzy
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114642 by xyzzy
DEAF CLAIMANTS was created by xyzzy
Does anyone know if Deaf and mute people can claim DLA/PIP please, and whether they stand any chance of getting it? I am asking for a friend. I know nothing about claiming for benefits as a deaf person as I can hear, although I did succeed at getting DLA for mental health by using the guides on here. Could anyone point me in the right direction, so I don't have to plough through the entire guide? Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114644 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DEAF CLAIMANTS

xyzzy wrote: Does anyone know if Deaf and mute people can claim DLA/PIP please, and whether they stand any chance of getting it? I am asking for a friend. I know nothing about claiming for benefits as a deaf person as I can hear, although I did succeed at getting DLA for mental health by using the guides on here. Could anyone point me in the right direction, so I don't have to plough through the entire guide? Thank you.

Hi x,

You should have a read through our PIP Claims Guide :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

With respect to "communication", see Page 38 onwards under the heading of :

"How to explain problems with: 7. Communicating verbally."

See also :

PIP information, including PIP Self Test

&

PIP Topic Thread in Spotlight Area

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.