× Members

esa and ME

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #114656 by sandie38f
esa and ME was created by sandie38f
hi,
this is my first time on forum, I suffer from ME and are currently awaiting for a medical with anticipation.... i have suffered since i was 17 and now 39. just wondering if any one could put me at ease. and any help on prep for medical
thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #114657 by
Replied by on topic esa and ME

sandra wrote: hi,
this is my first time on forum, I suffer from ME and are currently awaiting for a medical with anticipation.... i have suffered since i was 17 and now 39. just wondering if any one could put me at ease. and any help on prep for medical
thanks

Hi s,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

On the assumption that you have completed and returned your ESA50 Questionnaire to ATOS, have you been informed that you will have to attend a face to face assessment ?

This is not necessarily the case, many of our members have been assessed on paper scrutiny alone without the need of a face to face.

With respect to what to expect at an ESA "Medical", this FAQ : ESA Medical – What to expect from our : ESA FAQ’s may help.

Please repost to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

More
10 years 3 months ago #114669 by ELEANOR
Replied by ELEANOR on topic esa and ME
Hi. I have ME. I strongly advise you to look on the website of Action for ME.
www.actionforme.org.uk/get-informed/welf...-allowance-esa/index
They have helped me through five assessments and two tribunals, both of which I won.
I know that at least some of their information leaflets are free to download and print.
Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: libran1962

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.