× Members

Got Letter About ESA Really Confused Now!!!

• osprey
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114664 by osprey
Hi

In April I got a ESA questionnaire which I filled in a returned.

I got sent out 3 assessment appointments which they cancelled but I eventually had a 40min face to face assessment in November.

Today I got a letter saying I was recently issued a questionnaire for ESA but they are now aware that this was a error as I am not in receipt of income support and do not qualify for Incapacity Benefit.

Can anyone explain this .

Feel pretty angry that it takes them from April to now not to mention the fact of being put through a face to face assessment.

Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114665 by

osprey wrote: Hi

In April I got a ESA questionnaire which I filled in a returned.

I got sent out 3 assessment appointments which they cancelled but I eventually had a 40min face to face assessment in November.

Today I got a letter saying I was recently issued a questionnaire for ESA but they are now aware that this was a error as I am not in receipt of income support and do not qualify for Incapacity Benefit.

Can anyone explain this .

Feel pretty angry that it takes them from April to now not to mention the fact of being put through a face to face assessment.

Cheers

Hi o,

Most strange !!!

If you weren't previously in receipt of IB or IS on grounds of incapacity for work, where you in receipt of SDA ?

If not, did you make a fresh claim for ESA ?

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

• osprey
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #114671 by osprey
Replied by osprey on topic Got Letter About ESA Really Confused Now!!!
Hi
They said it is because my husband claims Income Support for me and I am not the one that claims it

Really what a waste of time and money

Cheers

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.