× Members

Crazy Royal Mail?

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114675 by whisper
Crazy Royal Mail? was created by whisper
Hi all,

First a big thank you for all the support guides produced, I have my fingers crossed that my ESA50 has been completed to the best of my ability now.

I've been reapplying for ESA, I was put into support 11 months ago and received my ESA50 last month.

Dutifully sent it off recorded last Friday but it wasn't delivered yesterday. The cut-off was today for receipt. I tracked it again today and it said delivered. BUT this was sent back to Chester Jupiter Drive and it said delivered from the WOLVERHAMPTON office. I had rather a big fit and immediate panic set in. Wolverhampton is very many miles from Chester. I double checked everything; it was sent in the original printed envelope so easy to read address; the postcode was correct on my Post Office reciept so I called Royal Mail. They've confirmed delivery to me and confirmed the correct postcode on their system but they said there is no signature available (yet) and to call back on Friday to check this aspect. They took some messing about to trace it for me as at first it didn't show up at all on their system. They have no mention of Wolverhampton, just 'North Midlands sorting office'.

I'm a huge worrier at the best of times so now I'm panicking a lot. I really don't want to call up the DWP, it was bad enough calling Royal Mail (I have major anxiety and don't use the phone if I can help it).

Can anyone put my mind at rest a little, am I being daft or is there a chance I'll get told they didn't receive my docs and stop my ESA?

Thanks ever so much.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114677 by
Replied by on topic Crazy Royal Mail?

whisper wrote: Hi all,

First a big thank you for all the support guides produced, I have my fingers crossed that my ESA50 has been completed to the best of my ability now.

I've been reapplying for ESA, I was put into support 11 months ago and received my ESA50 last month.

Dutifully sent it off recorded last Friday but it wasn't delivered yesterday. The cut-off was today for receipt. I tracked it again today and it said delivered. BUT this was sent back to Chester Jupiter Drive and it said delivered from the WOLVERHAMPTON office. I had rather a big fit and immediate panic set in. Wolverhampton is very many miles from Chester. I double checked everything; it was sent in the original printed envelope so easy to read address; the postcode was correct on my Post Office reciept so I called Royal Mail. They've confirmed delivery to me and confirmed the correct postcode on their system but they said there is no signature available (yet) and to call back on Friday to check this aspect. They took some messing about to trace it for me as at first it didn't show up at all on their system. They have no mention of Wolverhampton, just 'North Midlands sorting office'.

I'm a huge worrier at the best of times so now I'm panicking a lot. I really don't want to call up the DWP, it was bad enough calling Royal Mail (I have major anxiety and don't use the phone if I can help it).

Can anyone put my mind at rest a little, am I being daft or is there a chance I'll get told they didn't receive my docs and stop my ESA?

Thanks ever so much.

Hi w,

The DWP have mail distribution centres in various locations across the U.K.

Jupiter Drive, Chester is one of these.

As long as you addressed the ESA50 envelope correctly, or used the prepaid envelope provided, you have done all you can.

You could e-mail The WCA Customer Service to obtain written confirmation that your ESA50 has been received. (link on right of page)

From the : ATOS Website

You could also contact Royal Mail, if you still have concerns.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

More
10 years 4 months ago #114684 by whisper
Replied by whisper on topic Crazy Royal Mail?
That's brillliant, thank you. I tried looking for an email address for ATOS but couldn't find one.

Thanks again :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.