× Members

The dreaded phone call

• tomiward
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114718 by tomiward
The dreaded phone call was created by tomiward
I had a missed call yesterday from DWP, and as I`m currently awaiting a decision following an ATOS assessment, I fear the worst. I had the assessment two weeks ago and was hoping to get Christmas out of the way before I start applying for JS and submiting an apeal.
Will let you know how I get on.
Take care, Tom.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #114720 by
Replied by on topic The dreaded phone call

tomiward wrote: I had a missed call yesterday from DWP, and as I`m currently awaiting a decision following an ATOS assessment, I fear the worst. I had the assessment two weeks ago and was hoping to get Christmas out of the way before I start applying for JS and submiting an apeal.
Will let you know how I get on.
Take care, Tom.

Hi tw,

I understand your concerns that it may be the DWP DM, informing you that they are considering a fit for work decision, and are contacting you to see if you can offer any facts that may change their mind.

However, it is not always bad news when the DWP telephone a claimant.

We have heard from members where they have been telephoned with good news, or simply to tell them that a decision has been made and is in the post.

bro58

More
10 years 4 months ago #114722 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic The dreaded phone call
Hi Tomi

I missed two calls from DWP after my f2f and was put in the wrag, I appealed and was put in the SG at revision, so don't worry too much, its not always bad news, good luck.

Mags
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomiward

• tomiward
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #114725 by tomiward
Replied by tomiward on topic The dreaded phone call
Thank`s Mags and Bro, that`s encouraging to know.
Fingers crossed.
Tom.

• tomiward
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114974 by tomiward
Replied by tomiward on topic The dreaded phone call
I got the letter from DWP on saturday, informing me I have been placed in the SG.
Such a weight off my shoulders, as you know I was convinced I would be found fit for work by ATOS.
I wonder if the fact a doctor did my face to face was in my favour? He did spend quite a lot of time refering to my GP`s support letter and typing.
I would like to get a copy of his report, if possible.
Thank`s for all your advice and encouragment, I`m sure the B+W guides got me through this nerve racking experience sucsessfully.
Thank`s again.
Tom.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The dreaded phone call
tomiward

Congratulations on the award.

You can get a copy of the medical report by contacting the DWP and asking for a copy of your ESA85, you should be able to make the request over the phone, or by writing to the DWP office that normally deals with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomiward

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.