× Members

HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114762 by karencharlton
HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA was created by karencharlton
Hi All I have never posted before but just need a bit of advice or reassurance.
In 2007 I was awarded DLA higher level for life and I have a car through motability. .
Earlier this year I got a letter from DWP saying that from October 2015, I like millions of other people, would be reassessed for PIP. Last Friday I got a dreaded A4 brown envelope with a claim form in it for DLA. I rang the DWP and was told I had been selected for an re- assessment for my DLA. Now is this something that is normally done ??, or is this something that is connected to PIP. In the attached letter it stated that I have to fill this form in or I will have my benefit stopped. When I rang DWP the guy asked me if I wanted them to send me out a copy of my completed form I sent to them in 2007, I said yes. I haven't started to fill out this claim form yet as I am not sure how I should actually fill it out, as I now have quite bad arthritis in my hands, but don't want to state that yet as DWP states if you have any change in your health you will be assessed earlier for PIP. I am normally a very level headed person but this has got me so stressed, I have made myself quite ill. There is no way I could manage without my car, as my husband has had to leave work he has the same condition as me and has just had two major surgeries on his spine, and been told he can not return to work. I really hope somebody can give me some helpful advice as I dont think that I can cope with any more stress or worry at the minute. Thank you in advance Karen
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114764 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA
Hi K,

As this is your first post, you might find that this FAQ helps you find your way around the site

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It sounds as if yours is one of the cases randomly selected for examination under the Right Payment Program

The Right Payment Programme

I'm afraid that you have no alternative other than to complete and return the form as requested. You should make full use of our DLA guides

DLA claims

and our DLA FAQs

DLA FAQs

As an aside, I notice that your username might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias in order to maintain some anonymity. If you wish to change your username you should follow the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It would be a good idea for you to bookmark this topic, or make it a favourite on your web browser, so that you can find it easily in future. Then you can return here to ask any further questions and we will have the benefit of keeping everything in one place :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #114765 by karencharlton
Replied by karencharlton on topic HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA
Hi thankyou for that, but is it advisible to supply the DWP about my new health conditions or not , or should i leave well alone ??
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 months ago #114767 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA

K wrote: Hi thankyou for that, but is it advisible to supply the DWP about my new health conditions or not , or should i leave well alone ??

You are being re-assessed for DLA, nothing you put on your form will result in your being transferred to PIP, the two assessment processes are completely different and not interchangeable.

You are required to complete the form based on your condition as it is now, if you fail to mention this new/deteriorated condition and it comes to light later, it could undermine the integrity of your response.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: karencharlton, slugsta

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115042 by karencharlton
Replied by karencharlton on topic HELP WITH BEING RE-ASSESED FOR DLA
Hi i am still a bit concerned about putting down new conditions in my review claim pack as i read the web site and this is what it says

If you report a change of circumstances after 7 October 2013 instead of having your DLA
reassessed you will have to make a claim for PIP. As there is no Low Rate Care with PIP and the
other criteria have changed, and you are likely to have a face to face assessment, there is a risk
that you will lose your award of DLA and not be awarded PIP.

I have 2 new medical conditions that i am telling them about

please help i am so worried
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115044 by

K wrote: Hi i am still a bit concerned about putting down new conditions in my review claim pack as i read the web site and this is what it says

If you report a change of circumstances after 7 October 2013 instead of having your DLA
reassessed you will have to make a claim for PIP. As there is no Low Rate Care with PIP and the
other criteria have changed, and you are likely to have a face to face assessment, there is a risk
that you will lose your award of DLA and not be awarded PIP.

I have 2 new medical conditions that i am telling them about

please help i am so worried

Hi K,

As you will see from this post in the PIP Topic in the Spotlights Area :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...5481&start=48#113344

Depending on where you live, plans to migrate DLA recipients over to PIP have been changed.

If you were being reassessed for PIP they would have sent you a "PIP Questionnaire" ("How your disability affects you" form)

It is of course up to you, however as Gordon has previously stated, it appears from your posts that you are being reviewed for DLA, not PIP.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.