× Members

Learning task query

• amseyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago #115020 by amseyb
Learning task query was created by amseyb
Dear all,
Firstly thanks for a great site. The information helped us get my wife from no award into WRAG. We believe she should be in the support group as she cannot learn a simple task such as setting a new alarm clock. She will be able to after 2-3 weeks and I argued that this did not constitute learning. The judge said that the criteria was cannot learn full stop, with no time constraint. This seems to contradict the WCA handbook which says if you cannot remember the next day, you have not learnt a task. Is this grounds for an appeal on an error of law? Has anyone had any similar success.

Welcome your thoughts. Concerned that appealing further may backfire.

Kind regards

Amseyb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #115021 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Learning task query
Before you can appeal citing an Error in Law you must first ask the Tribunal service for a Statement of Reasons. This must be done within a month of the Tribunal decision.

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

Be aware that DWP would also be sent the Statement of Reasons which would mean that they also had the right to ask for this decision to be set aside.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• amseyb
  • Topic Author
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #115022 by amseyb
Replied by amseyb on topic Learning task query
Thanks, aware of that, but just wondered if what I described as happening constitutes an error of law?
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 4 months ago #115024 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Learning task query

amseyb wrote: Thanks, aware of that, but just wondered if what I described as happening constitutes an error of law?

Your argument has merit, but we cannot state with certainty that it constitutes an Error of Law.

The legal definition of the test, as written in the ESA Descriptors does not include any reference to time.

I have done a quick search and there appears to be no Case Law in regard to this Descriptor at all, let alone anything that qualifies it in the context of time.

The WCA Handbook is not a legal document and does not refine the definition of the ESA Descriptors.

You need to get face to face advice from an advisor with experience of Upper Tribunal cases.

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 4 months ago #115026 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Learning task query
Thanks for your input Gordon :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.