× Members

tribunal hearings do they run on time?

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #115293 by teabag
Hi do you know if tribunals run on time i have a tribunal hearing on friday for DLA letter says i have to be there by 11.40 but wondering if i'm going to be kept waiting till after they've had lunch if previous cases over run.
Also wondered if you knew if DLA affects Income related ESA, if I get DLA on friday will they deduct ir from my IR ESA.
Many thanks
Hope you all had a relaxing xmas and new year, best wishes for 2014
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115294 by

teabag wrote: Hi do you know if tribunals run on time i have a tribunal hearing on friday for DLA letter says i have to be there by 11.40 but wondering if i'm going to be kept waiting till after they've had lunch if previous cases over run.
Also wondered if you knew if DLA affects Income related ESA, if I get DLA on friday will they deduct ir from my IR ESA.
Many thanks
Hope you all had a relaxing xmas and new year, best wishes for 2014

Hi tb,

Happy New Year !! :)

Tribunal hearings do sometimes run over, it would not be possible to say whether this will happen until the actual hearings takes place on the day.

DLA is not counted as income with respect to entitlement to benefits such as IR ESA, so it will not affect your IR ESA payments adversely.

However, being in receipt of MR or HR Care of DLA may entitle you to "premiums" (top-ups) if you are entitled to IR ESA. :

ESA Premiums

bro5
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115298 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
thanks Bro getting panicky already I have ME amongst other things and CAB cant represent me altho they did my submission, which I had to write a further submission because they made mistakes on it because it wasnt sent to me prior before they sent it.
I went to a tribunial hearing for DLA back in 1996 and it was a horrendous experience much like my ESA medical and my appeal got thrown out on that occasion i was represented by the CAB then.
So not holding my breath that i will get any DLA at this hearing altho it would be a nice xmas/new year present if i did and it was backdated to nearly a year ago.
I'll let you know how i get on and how it went hopefully the bullies no long sit on the panel

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115594 by teabag
Hi just got back from my DLA appeal and only got Low Mobility because of the agrophobia, nothing for ME, worn disc, arthritis in knee.
I waited about 30mins to go into the tribunal room. All 3 people were very friendly so a different to last one that i went to back in 1990's. Everything about procedure was explained to me and was told that they had already agreed that i was entitled to Low rate mobility because of my agrophobia as I had had it for a number of years and had been backed up by GP. But that they would still like me to ask me some questions. Questions were asked about bathing, etc. going out, and how i spent my day. Also some discussion about my moving house. My daughter also interrupted on some of the questions especially to do with the agrophobia and how as a child I had relied on neighbours to take her and her brothers to school, etc. and how i had no friends. After about 40 mins we were asked to wait outside and would be called in for the decision.
After a couple of minutes, barely sat down and we were called back in and told that I was being awarded Low mobility and nothing for Care as I managed with carers, surely this is not right I expected to get at least low care but because I have carers I get nothing. Grrr suppose i should be grateful for getting Low for mobility and it would be an indefinite award altho because PIP was coming in I would be reassessed.
Dont know if I should have told them that I have applied for PIP, should I and can I cancel my PIP claim do you think.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115597 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
If the reason for not giving you any care component was because you have carers that does seem strange, after all the care component is given for people who need daily care. You can appeal to the upper tribunal, some info about this is available in the guides but you would need legal advice, info on how to get advice is in the general FAQs. You can cancel your claim for PIP, you are unlikely to be more successful with PIP as the criteria are stricter.

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115599 by teabag
well i'm waiting to get their letter and then decide what to do I didnt want to quote them recent decisions that i had found on the internet in case it got their backs up and i walked out with nothing. I'll also decide what to do about the PIP claim then altho there is a part of me that thinks go ahead with it and get it out of the way if I have to appeal that as well.
Still cant believe nothing for the ME or worn disc tho.
Isnt there something I have to ask for such as a letter outlining their reasons or does this come with the notification letter.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.