× Members

tribunal hearings do they run on time?

More
10 years 3 months ago #115676 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
If you appeal to the upper tribunal you should still receive your award of low rate mobility in the mean time. If you do have a second tribunal they can increase the award, keep it the same or remove it, although I believe the latter is unlikely. They should give you a chance to withdraw your case if they do not accept you are entitled to low rate mobility.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teabag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115679 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
Well the reason I will be appealing because I believe i am entitled at least low care as well, thet said i wasnt entitled to care because i have carers which i didn't have when i aoolied

More
10 years 3 months ago #115786 by mariaz18
Replied by mariaz18 on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
Hi,

I'm a bit confused.
I live with my parents now and moved in with them last year because I could clearly see they had problem with looking after themselves. I applied for DLA for my father and recently PIP for my mum. DLA is at the Mandatory Reconsideration stage and PIP form has just been returned.
Does this mean that because I live with my parents as a carer for them, they will not receive DLA/PIP care component because I already care for them?

More
10 years 3 months ago #115787 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
The simple answer is no. The care component is awarded if care is needed or as other moderators have pointed out 'reasonably required'. This is why I was confused by tea bags assertion that the tribunal did not award her the care component as she had carers. Having carers would usually be seen as supporting a claim for DLA, providing they were deemed necessary, not undermining it.

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #116446 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
hi just thought i would update, I've tried to cancel my PIP application and been told I cant, so it seems I dont have to make the decision whether to go ahead with this or not after receiving low mobility DLA at the tribunal.
I've received the record of proceedings but not the statement reasons and been told by letter that this will come separately, no time scale.

So decided to call Atos as I havent heard from them since i phoned them in december when they said that they wanted to make an appointment with me for a F2F at wandsworth when i told them that there was no chance of me getting there due to agrophobia, etc.(I live in wallington, surrey) they agreed to wait until they had received the form back from my GP.

GOOD NEWS they're going to do a F2F at home.

BAD NEWS they dont know how long i'll have to wait me being sarky asked if it was likely to be years or months, months was the reply, 6months I asked reply oh no should be before that, So still none the wiser.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #116449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal hearings do they run on time?
teabag

We are trying to qualify at what point if any a PIP claim can be withdrawn, your experience suggests once an application has been made there is no way then to avoid a transfer from DLA to PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.