× Members

Access Pydar House, Truro

• salvia
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115464 by salvia
Access Pydar House, Truro was created by salvia
Does anyone know the access for Pydar House in Truro. My letter states to avoid steps use the back entrance, but the assessment centre is on level 4. I have telephoned Atos who said the access is stated on the letter - not helpful.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #115465 by
Replied by on topic Access Pydar House, Truro

salvia wrote: Does anyone know the access for Pydar House in Truro. My letter states to avoid steps use the back entrance, but the assessment centre is on level 4. I have telephoned Atos who said the access is stated on the letter - not helpful.

Hi s,

Is the information from the link below of any help ? :

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants/locatio...ations_details_truro

bro58

10 years 3 months ago #115468 by
Hi s,

If you have any access needs, you should contact ATOS before hand.

If the assessment centre cannot comply with your access needs, then an appointment at another suitable venue should be arranged.

Here are some details regarding facilities, etc, at ATOS Assessment Centres :

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/82874/res...attach/2/Details.xls

I can't vouch for how current the information is, as it was provided as a result of an FOI request in 2011.

bro58

• salvia
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115470 by salvia
Replied by salvia on topic Access Pydar House, Truro
Hi bro

I have read this, but also read of people complaining of access difficulty - so was hoping for someone who had previously attended to give details. I will telephone Atos again and make it very clear I need ground floor access.
Many thanks
S

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115473 by

salvia wrote: Hi bro

I have read this, but also read of people complaining of access difficulty - so was hoping for someone who had previously attended to give details. I will telephone Atos again and make it very clear I need ground floor access.
Many thanks
S

Hi s,

It may be advisable to make ATOS aware of your access needs in writing, so that you have a written record.

You can e-mail ATOS on :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I would do this ASAP.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago #115479 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Access Pydar House, Truro
I and Disability Cornwall (www.disabilitycornwall.org.uk/) have been complaining about the lack of access to Pydar house for years in my case via my MP. Basically it is next to impossible whatever ATOS and the DWP states.
To add insult to injury the tribunals service is in the same building and CANNOT be accessed by wheel chair or mobility scooter whatever assurances the DWP and ATOS give you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.