× Members

Access Pydar House, Truro

• salvia
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115650 by salvia
Replied by salvia on topic Access Pydar House, Truro
Thank you Bro and Papasmurf

I have contacted customer relations who have informed me that there is level access at the rear of the building with examination rooms on the same level.

If the premises are not wheelchair accessible, isn't this a violation of the Disability Act?
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115670 by
Replied by on topic Access Pydar House, Truro

salvia wrote: Thank you Bro and Papasmurf

I have contacted customer relations who have informed me that there is level access at the rear of the building with examination rooms on the same level.

If the premises are not wheelchair accessible, isn't this a violation of the Disability Act?

Hi s,

It "may" be !!

This is why I advised that you should inform ATOS in writing ASAP, regarding any access needs/limitations that you may have.

It is now covered under Sections 20-22 of The Equality Act 2010, and The Disability Equality Duty (DED) is covered at Section 149

: www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

More
10 years 3 months ago #115672 by papasmurf
Replied by papasmurf on topic Access Pydar House, Truro
There is "level access" only if you can park within a few feet of the door. (Which is unlikely.)
Pydar house a ******** of place to get anywhere near unless you are as fit as a butcher's dog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Puccalove

• salvia
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago #115734 by salvia
Replied by salvia on topic Access Pydar House, Truro
Hi Bro and Papasmurf

I did contact Customer Relations and cc to MP about my access needs and recording WCA.

The Customer Relations wrote there was level access and confirmed recording equipment availability on the day.

I guess if I cannot access Pydar House and take pictures of the access and parking distance it would be evidence of inaccessibility. It would seem that the ability to access Pydar House is an automatic fail on mobility. So on arrival, find I cannot access Atos for WCA, telephone them from the car park, wave at the CCTV camera, and ask them to carry me in?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.