× Members

ESA review date

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115774 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA review date
Hi p50,

As Pl advises,

Don't feel obliged to tick any particular box, if it does not cover the limitations that you suffer personally.

You could leave the boxes blank and add comment such as "non of the available tick-box options are applicable, please see detail in the text box below" (or on added A4 page number xx, if you are to add extra pages of information)

The questions in the ESA50 can be quite ambiguous, and when a decision is made, it is made viewing the actual ESA Descriptors.

This is where our guides help, as they tell you what each question "really" means.

Have you considered :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

A good approach is to have our PDF Claims Guide open, with The PDF ESA50 open as well. Go through each question in the ESA50 whilst referring to the corresponding section in the relevant guide.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• panther50
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115779 by panther50
Replied by panther50 on topic ESA review date
Thanks that's what i was thinking - it felt like a bit of a trap.It's a subtle change to the wording but by no longer making the distance and the time a yes/no answer it pins your answer down even more - with a condition with like mine that varies anyway I'm concerned at the medical they'll try to trip me up with it or I'll get confused. It helps to know the assessment is still as per the original descriptors. I'll follow your advice and put "see below".
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago #115781 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA review date

panther50 wrote: Thanks that's what i was thinking - it felt like a bit of a trap.It's a subtle change to the wording but by no longer making the distance and the time a yes/no answer it pins your answer down even more - with a condition with like mine that varies anyway I'm concerned at the medical they'll try to trip me up with it or I'll get confused. It helps to know the assessment is still as per the original descriptors. I'll follow your advice and put "see below".

Hi p50,

Some of the ESA Descriptors were amended Jan 2013, our most current claims guides have also been amended to reflect such changes.

These are the current functional descriptors :

WRAG (LCW)Schedule 2 Descriptors

SG (LCWRA)Schedule 3 Descriptors

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.