× Members

I was transferred from IB to ESA Support group

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115563 by DaPa
I been looking for a replacement boiler via the Governments Affordable Warmth Help link.

It says you qualify if you are in receipt of Income related ESA.

What would I be on being transferred from IB?

WD
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115569 by slugsta
Hi WD,

As you were on IB you will have been transferred to Contributory ESA. However, it is possible that you also have an income-related top-up due to low income. Your award letter should tell you this.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115571 by DaPa
Would it be worthwhile applying?

I'm guessing they would do the relevant checks for eligibility

WD
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115575 by Gordon

WeDesign wrote: Would it be worthwhile applying?

I'm guessing they would do the relevant checks for eligibility

WD

Their initial checks are fairly simple, you need to provide documentation that you are receiving the required benefits, they do not verify them until quite far down the process, this onus is very much on the claimant to prove they are eligible.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115576 by slugsta
If you do not have an income-related top-up and believe you should, you can contact DWP and ask them to send you an ESA3 which will collect details of your income and assetts (and that + working hours of any partner who lives with you).

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115649 by DaPa
Had a look at my award letter and the front page states contribution based.
and have been placed in the support group.

on the 4th page it gives a break down of the money it states that my income related amount is £xxx.xx less £0.00
Then it goes on to say ... However because you are entitled to contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance we will pay you £xxx.xx
This amount is £5.80 more than the income related amount.

Am I on contribution based or income related?
I also states at the bottom of the letter top up payment £5.80 so I won't see a change in my payments due to the change over to ESA.

WD
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.