× Members

I was transferred from IB to ESA Support group

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115654 by bro58

WeDesign wrote: Had a look at my award letter and the front page states contribution based.
and have been placed in the support group.

on the 4th page it gives a break down of the money it states that my income related amount is £xxx.xx less £0.00
Then it goes on to say ... However because you are entitled to contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance we will pay you £xxx.xx
This amount is £5.80 more than the income related amount.

Am I on contribution based or income related?
I also states at the bottom of the letter top up payment £5.80 so I won't see a change in my payments due to the change over to ESA.

WD

Hi WD,

As you may know, when a claimant is successfully transferred to ESA from IB, IS or SDA, they are covered under Transitional Protection (TP).

This guarantees that they will receive no less on ESA than they were previously receiving, although they may receive more :

What will I be paid?

It looks very much from what you write that the £5.80 is a Transitional addition as mentioned above.

A good indicator as to whether you are entitled to and being paid IR ESA, is whether or not you were entitled to IS, or an IS top up to your IB before transfer.

See : What will I be transferred to?

e.g. A claimant who was previously in receipt of IB with an IS top-up would be entitled to CB ESA with an IR ESA top-up on being transferred.

These letters can be ambiguous, if you still have doubts the only way to be certain is to ask the DWP to explain in writing, or get face to face advice from The CAB, etc.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115656 by DaPa
From my reading of the letter and the advice you have given I am pretty sure that I am on contribution-based ESA.

Would I be correct in saying so?

WD

More
10 years 3 months ago #115658 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic I was transferred from IB to ESA Support group
Having read your posts I would agree your on CB ESA, however a simple phone call to the job centre plus should confirm this.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.