× Members

Sample Letter regarding Disability Discrimtion Act

• Doris Stokes
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115603 by Doris Stokes
Hello, the other week on this site I thought I saw a sample letter regarding how the Disability Discrimination Act can help in work focused interviews and now sods law I can't find it. Many thanks if anyone can point me in right direction.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115609 by

Doris Stokes wrote: Hello, the other week on this site I thought I saw a sample letter regarding how the Disability Discrimination Act can help in work focused interviews and now sods law I can't find it. Many thanks if anyone can point me in right direction.

Hi DS,

I am not aware of the sample letter that you speak of, however that does not mean that it does not exist on our site.

There is this section, under "Work" :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/work-62/discrimination

Basically, as public service providers, DWP/ATOS or any WPP have a duty to make Reasonable Adjustment for any claimant that fulfills the definition of a "Disabled Person" under The Equality Act 2010.

The first hurdle that you would have to overcome would be to prove that you fulfill said definition.

www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

You would then have to give detail of your limitations/disabilities, and make it clear which "Reasonable Adjustments" were necessary.

"Reasonable Adjustments" are covered under sections 20-22 of EA2010. :

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

Hope this helps.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

10 years 3 months ago #115612 by
Hi DS,

They are also bound under The Disability Equality Duty (DED) as at section 149 of EA2010.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #132570 by june cunningham
Replied by june cunningham on topic Sample Letter regarding Disability Discrimtion Act
you can access templates of letters on Equality Advisory and Support service website

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.