× Members

New PIP claim

More
10 years 3 months ago #115652 by Augustus
New PIP claim was created by Augustus
Hi

i currently receive ESA [Support group]. DWP have advised me that I may qualify for DLA on top.

Should I assume that fresh claimants will almost certainly be seen by an ATOS HCP before any decision is made? If so, if I can't take going through the ATOS mill again, should I accept that there is no point applying in the first place?

Do current ESA/DLA or PIP claimants always have to face the ATOS gauntlet twice?

Thanks

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115655 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic New PIP claim
If you are a new claimant you will have to apply for PIP not DLA and have a medical assessment. If you are in the south of England your claim will be processed by Atos but if you are in North England your claim will be processed by Capita. The only difference I am aware of is that Capita prefer to do home visits.I have little feedback on the claim process other than that it is very slow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.