× Members

Another ESA 50 has arrived.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115681 by Noodles
Another ESA 50 has arrived. was created by Noodles
Hi B&W,

Well,our second ESA50 arrived today,bang on time after hubby's 18 month support group award without any WCA. I have a couple of questions.

1. I still have the original ESA50 questioner on a memory stick which is now some 18 months old.
Can we use this ,because the new ESA50 which arrived today is slightl different and marked as 10/13,or should we download the updated version marked as 10/13 and start all over again ?

2. Hubby has sadly now suspected early stage Alzheimer's desease after an MRI brain scan,this on top of his other chronic Arthritis disability on which he won his ESA support group award 18 months ago. Which part of the ESA 50 form should we fill in for Memory loss & potential Alzheimers ?

3. Would sending my husbands ESA 85a prognosis award back to ATOS via this new ESA 50 form be a good idea,it does state he needed no WCA to gain ESA support group award , and comments on his inability to mobilise 50 mts unaded by paperwork alone ?

Stressed out again..
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115683 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Another ESA 50 has arrived.
Hi Noodles,

How typical of ATOS to be on schedule when you don't want them to!

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's Altzheimers, I'm sure you have plenty to deal with without having to jump through DWP hoops.

I'm afraid that the ESA regulations, descriptors and claim form changed a little early last year, so you do need to fill in tyhe new form and make sure you are au fait with the changes. The PDF form is actually a little different from the hard copy, but it is the most up to date available and the one DWP ask claimants to use.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

ESA claims and appeals

Yes, by all means send in the ESA85a as evidence and draw attention to the relevant bits.

Please come back to this thread if/when you have further questions.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #115686 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Another ESA 50 has arrived.
Hi Mrs Hurtyback,

I have now dowlnloaded and saved the newer said version of the ESA 50 form marked 10/13. In trying to simply copy and paste large parts of the older version onto the new one,I find some of the words don't all fit into the new version boxes for some reason ? Is this because I'm copy and pasting,rather than retyping and letting the format shrink the words to fit so to speak ?

Help !

More
10 years 3 months ago #115696 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Another ESA 50 has arrived.
No idea! Maybe someone else will be able to answer.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noodles

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115870 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic Another ESA 50 has arrived.i
All sorted now thanks Mrs Hurtyback B.

On reflection,the new ESA 50 10/13 is different from the 3/12 version on we filled in 18 months ago.

My husband can only mobilise via his transit wheelchair aided be myself, yet the Mobilising descriptor asks if you can ' mobilise 50 100 or 200 mts'

I I ticked the ' It varies box' again and simply explained hubby's needs and limitations because he cannot manage any of those distances without both his transit chair and my help.

Question :

Why do the DWP and ATOS constantly assume someone with an incurable and progressive disease of ( in my husbands case ) the spine and hips can be " RE assessed for a return to work " within 18 months ?

Anyone ?

:whistle: :unsure:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115872 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Another ESA 50 has arrived.
Noodles

By ticking the "it varies" box, you are saying that sometimes your husband can mobilise more than 50m and sometimes he cannot, if this is an accurate description of what he can then this is the correct box to have ticked, but if he is always precluded from mobilising more then 50m, which your post suggests, then it is not an accurate description of his capabilities and you should not have ticked the box.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.