× Members

ESA Elgibility

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115684 by waqqy
ESA Elgibility was created by waqqy
Hi guys

hope you're all well

You probably remember me writing on here about PIP, still awaiting for HCA to review the report and sent to DWP. I'm currently finding it hard to get in to work as my medical conditions are off and on, I had a meeting with HR and they understand I have pre-existing conditions and have made allowances, however I'm just constantly feeling under the weather and wanted to know if I would be eligible for ESA , where I can take some time off work and recover on my health, get myself 100% better, also would I have to quit my job first in order to apply for this, or can I apply whilst working and if accepted I can quit, I do only work part time, but I'm taking a lot of time recently.

I've read your guides, just want to know what your thoughts were.

Many thanks
Waqqy
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115689 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Elgibility
Hi Waqqy,

You can claim ESA while working as long as your employer is not paying you. There is a form they should give you to confirm that you are not receiving Statutory Sick Pay. You should carefully consider all the pros and cons before you hand in your notice, take advice from CAB etc.

As long as you are eligible by dint of NI contributions, you would get the assessment rate of ESA without any arguments. You should look at the descriptors to see whether you think you would qualify for the main phase payment. At some stage you would have to fill in the ESA50 claim form and you might be required to attend a face2face assessment.

ESA claims and appeals

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: waqqy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.