× Members

DLA not awarded this time

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115701 by mintdrop
DLA not awarded this time was created by mintdrop
I have been getting DLA for the past 10yrs, all my physical and mental problems have been getting worse. My DLA runs out in April 2014. I was sent new claims form just before christmas, which i filled in and sent back to DLA. Last week i got letter from DLA saying they have not awarded me any DLA to be continued after April 2014.
How they made their decision From the health care professional who examined me for Employment ans Support Allowance on 30/08/2012.
This so called care professional, did not take any notice of what i said to her she wrote exactly what she wanted to write about me. I appealed against this decision and went to tribunal court on 17/01/2013 and won my case. I will be writing to DLA for a Mandatory Reconsideration.
Any one else had any problems like this would be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks Lynn
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115705 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DLA not awarded this time
ESA assessments can be used as evidence in determination of DLA. In my opinion this is inappropriate as they have different criteria and it disadvantages DLA claimants who are also on ESA. You will need medical evidence which confirms your entitlement, which is presumably how you won your ESA appeal. However this evidence will need to be up to date and show how you qualify for DLA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.