× Members

challeging dwp

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115732 by julesg
challeging dwp was created by julesg
I currently receive ESA support group, after a 2 year battle I was awarded my occupational pension last June. Last week I received a letter from the DWP asking why I delayed informing them about this until July, they were therefore considering a £50 fine as well as taking back overpayments. I was confused as I remember contacting them immediately I received my pension. I started to fill in the paperwork , but decided to ask them to check their records. They returned my call the next day, and stated that the first they knew about my pension was when they received my paperwork in July, I explained that the paperwork was sent as a result of their request when I phoned them and notified them. Again she stated that their records did not support this, however she agreed to recheck and cAll me back. I was really worried as I do not have any spare cash and will probably be unable to pay all my fuel bills this year. She called back , she had discovered that there was a data base that they can no longer access and my call was probably recorded
on that base. Therefore, there would be no penalty and no recovery of overpayments. YAY! I had won. But how many others will be fined. If in doubt challenge the DWP they are not infallible...........
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115735 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic challeging dwp
Hi Jules,

I am really glad that this turned out OK for you. You have shown the importance of sticking to your guns if you believe that DWP have made a mistake.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.