× Members

esa renewal

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115752 by katherine
esa renewal was created by katherine
i sent my esa 50 renewal form off last week to atos. i rang dwp up yesterday and asked when my current esa will run out. they said on 24th february. i am in the support group and was on incapacity benefit since 1997. i am worried that the new form wont be looked at before esa runs out. what will happen if it hasnt. will my money be stopped without me having any other income. this is very stressful as i have read there are backlogs of forms to be looked at. can anyone help please.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115755 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic esa renewal
Your benefit should continue until your new assessment has been processed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: katherine

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115756 by
Replied by on topic esa renewal

katherine wrote: i sent my esa 50 renewal form off last week to atos. i rang dwp up yesterday and asked when my current esa will run out. they said on 24th february. i am in the support group and was on incapacity benefit since 1997. i am worried that the new form wont be looked at before esa runs out. what will happen if it hasnt. will my money be stopped without me having any other income. this is very stressful as i have read there are backlogs of forms to be looked at. can anyone help please.

Hi k,

Don't worry,

In theory all ESA awards are open ended (indefinite) the recommended period before reassessment (the prognosis) of any ESA award, (SG or WRAG) is just that, a recommendation.

Therefore, your payments will not stop at the end of any prognosis period.

You will continue to receive your current rate of ESA until the DWP Decision Maker comes to a decision on your reassessment.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

More
10 years 3 months ago #115757 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa renewal
As Puccalove says, ESA is an indefinite award so payment will continue until a new decision is made :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: katherine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.