× Members

Carers advice please?

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115761 by JeanCannon
Carers advice please? was created by JeanCannon
Hi my husband retires in 4 weeks time and unfortunately we will have to claim pension credit on top of his state pension.
I understand that as I am getting dla my husband can claim carers (although I also know that he will not receive it because he will be getting state pension )
My question is if he claims carers allowance could this cause me to be re-assessed for DLA/PIP sooner?
Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115767 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Carers advice please?
If you are on the middle or high rate of the care component your husband can claim carers allowance. This should have no affect on your DLA or when you will be reassessed however it may affect other means tested benefits you may be receiving.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115771 by JeanCannon
Replied by JeanCannon on topic Carers advice please?
Thanks for reply.
I do not receive any benefits except for DLA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.