× Members

Medical cut short

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115915 by pickledonion
Medical cut short was created by pickledonion
I has a medical last week which the doctor stopped as she could see how much pain I was in and how limited my mobility was, she told me she had to speak to another doctor to authorise this, is this true, she left the room on her return she asked a couple. Ore questions and then said she was sending me home. How long will I know about the decision reached and does her say have any clout with the decision maker. Hope someone can help
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115916 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical cut short

alice wrote: I has a medical last week which the doctor stopped as she could see how much pain I was in and how limited my mobility was, she told me she had to speak to another doctor to authorise this, is this true, she left the room on her return she asked a couple. Ore questions and then said she was sending me home. How long will I know about the decision reached and does her say have any clout with the decision maker. Hope someone can help

Hi a,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You don't say whether the "medical" was for ESA, or DLA/PIP.

Assessings HCP's can curtail an assessment if they feel that they have gathered enough evidence to make a recommendation on an award.

The medical report generated as a result of the assessment will now be sent to the DWP, where the DM will make a decision.

How long this may take, is an unknown quantity.

The official line is that DM's should take "all" evidence into account and not just the medical report generated by The HCP.

In reality, in most cases, they stand by the HCP's recommendations.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116048 by pickledonion
Replied by pickledonion on topic Medical cut short
Hi Bro58,
Thank you for answering my questions the assessment I attended was for ESA it is my third assessment the first one I was told by the doctor that my notes and history was too long to read and he wasn't interested in them he was only interested in what was on his computer and the boxes needed to tick need less to say I scored nil points! I appealed and the decision was changed. How can an assessment be carried out properly if they cannot be bothered to read your notes and try and find out how your health problems affect you. When the second assessment form arrived I requested to see a female as I was dreading seeing that man again I was told that would be arranged on the day I was told I was seeing a female and after 40 minutes of waiting and been in severe pain I asked what the problem was I was told there was no female dr to see me and that I could not see a nurse it had to be a dr after another 20minutes I was told a dr was available but male imagine my horror at seeing the same dr as the first time I knew immediately that I was going to score nil points, he rushed through the assessment saying had changed and I would hear about the decision in 2 weeks, I heard nothing for 5 months and after several phone calls was told I had scored nil but I could appeal. I was so disillusioned with it all I did not appeal I was only getting N.i. Contributions as my 12 months contribution based ESR had ended a year before. I received my last assessment for 10 months ago which I completed and sent back within the time scale as requested and have only just being called for the medical assessment I don't know if I should call and ask for a copy of the report or wait until I hear from them to be honest I am too scared and don't think I will be able to cope if I have to go to an appeal, thank you for listening I know I have gone on but thank you
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical cut short
Alice

Hopefully it was cut short because the HCP believed you qualified for the Support Group and did not need to complete the examination.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116063 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic Medical cut short
This probably doesn't help but your experiences are not uncommon. It is a waiting game now so fingers crossed. Keep us posted and if you do have to appeal the mods and members will be here for you I'm sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pickledonion

More
10 years 3 months ago #116085 by pickledonion
Replied by pickledonion on topic Medical cut short
Just to say a big thank you to all at BW have just received confirmation I have been moved from the WRAG to the support group following medical assessment with Atos, the guides you provide are invaluable thank you again.
Alice

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.