× Members

ESA Appeal not been received

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115995 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Appeal not been received

d4ccm wrote: Thanks all for your replies.
I have just received a call from my benefit office, confirming to me that a decision was made back in April 2013 to put in the WRAG. No one made any contact when this decision was made. This is the reason why Tribunal Services never received my appeal.
Glad it has been sorted out.

Hi d4c,

I have just read this after writing my previous post.

Even though you may have been placed into The WRAG, if you are being paid CB ESA only in The WRAG, payment of that will still cease on 08/03/14, after 365 days receipt. (from March 2013)

So the information regarding being assessed for IR ESA in my previous post, still stands.

Further, you can make a late appeal up to 13 months after an adverse decision, so you could still appeal The WRAG decision made in April 2013,(which should have been back dated to March 2013, the date of the original fit for work decision) to gain access to The SG.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: Extra info added.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115996 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Appeal not been received

d4ccm wrote: Thanks all for your replies.
I have just received a call from my benefit office, confirming to me that a decision was made back in April 2013 to put in the WRAG. No one made any contact when this decision was made. This is the reason why Tribunal Services never received my appeal.
Glad it has been sorted out.

Ok. Your appeal was lapsed because the DWP found in your favour at mandatory reconsideration. You should have been informed of this decision, in writing, as you might have wished to continue appealing for the Support Group. However, you were never informed of this decision.

Did your ESA payment go up at any timeafter the decision in March? You would have been getting the assessment rate prior to the new decision. If payments did go up, that should have been an indication that something had changed. If payment did not go up, you have some money owing to you!

Bro has posted links explaining the time limiting of WRAG. If you have no other income/savings, you might be entitled to income-related ESA. Otherwise payment will not recommence until/unless you are put into the Support Group at a future reassessment. Meanwhile, NI credits will be made on your behalf as long as you do not close this claim (and are not found 'fit for work' at a future reassessment).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115997 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Appeal not been received
You should have been informed that you had been placed in the WRAG so that you had a chance to appeal to be placed in the Support Group. If you had been placed in the SG your entitlement would not be running out after a year. This failure to inform you could justify you in persuing a late appeal. However an appeal will only be worthwhile if you feel you satisfy any of the Support Group descriptors. You should look at the guides to determine this. Your other option is to apply for income related ESA. You can look at the guides again to see if you qualify. The final option is JSA, they are supposed to take into consideration any health related needs but the requirements can be very demanding and sanctioning tough.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Puccalove.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116000 by slugsta

Puccalove wrote: The final option is JSA, they are supposed to take into consideration any health related needs but the requirements can be very demanding and sanctioning tough.

PL, the claimant was previously on IB and migrated to ESA. Surely he would not be entitled to contributary JSA, due to no NI payments, and would not get income-related JSA if not also entitled to income-related ESA?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 months ago #116004 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic ESA Appeal not been received
You could apply for income related JSA but obviously if you qualified for that you would just apply for income related ESA so that was dumb of me!

More
10 years 3 months ago #116006 by slugsta

Puccalove wrote: You could apply for income related JSA but obviously if you qualified for that you would just apply for income related ESA so that was dumb of me!

Not dumb at all! It can be difficult to keep track of all the elements of the different queries. Maybe I should have made my comment confidential so that you did not feel you have been 'picked up' in public :blush:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.