× Members

Tribunal award or Work Related ESA, so what now

• estarriol
  • Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116015 by estarriol
Had assesment Nov 2012 for conversion to ESA from IB, turned down, appealed and finally had tribunal yesterday, 18 points immediately and into the Work Group and a note on the decision to not be reviewed for 24 months.

Do I get back payments for the period not on WRG and what happens as I understood I could only be on that a year, which is more time ago than the benefit change to the lower rates etc?

Confused!
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116022 by slugsta
Hi Estarriol,

I am glad to hear that the Tribunal found in your favour, you have certainly had to wait for it!

I assume that you were getting the assessment rate for one year, until it stopped due to time-limiting? If this is the case, you will get backpay of the difference between the assessment rate and the WRAG rate (or the amount you were getting on IB, whichever is the most). If your payments continued as you were entitled to income-realted ESA, you will bet the difference from Nov 2012 to date.

If you are not entitled to income-related ESA, you will not get any payments after Nov 2013 until/unless you are placed in the Support Group as the result of a future reassessment (which will happen periodically, even if you are not getting any money).

You cannot be mandated to undertake Work Related Activities if payments have finished due to time-limiting.

Edited to add - the tribunal can only advise about reassessment, DWP do not have to take any notice of this (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't). If they do go by the advised 24 months until reassessment, they will count from the date of the first decision (ie Nov 2012).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by slugsta. Reason: added info
The following user(s) said Thank You: estarriol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.