× Members

DLA Appeals

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116046 by Dee6788
Replied by Dee6788 on topic DLA Appeals
I'm in pain every single day, medication isn't helping so I'm trying a few alternative therapies at the moment. The fatigue is often overwhelming. My job is desk based, I get dropped off and picked up at the front door. I've had three pretty awful attacks within a six month period. My life has completely changed, it's not what I want, I would much rather, like everyone I'm sure, that the symptoms vanished. I just feel that it's unjustified given the way I'm struggling each day (and while I was off work ill I was experiencing extreme pain too) but I don't know if I can put myself through an appeal so guess I just need to weigh it up.

Thanks for your advice.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago #116061 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic DLA Appeals

Puccalove wrote: I just wanted to check that you asked for an oral hearing? If you did not then the tribunal service may have made a decision based on the papers which they are entitled to do without you present.

You are correct that if a request for an oral appeal is not made, then the Tribunal will hear it in most cases as a paper hearing.

However, if the Tribunal decide that it would be better if the appellant attended for for an oral hearing, they do have the right to postpone the hearing and ask the appellant to attend but cannot force them to do so.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puccalove

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.