× Members

DLA RENEWALS

More
10 years 3 months ago #116036 by JOANMCVEIGH
DLA RENEWALS was created by JOANMCVEIGH
I receive middle rate care and lower mobility indefinitely. Since receiving this several years ago my health and mobility have changed a lot. My occupational health worker has advised me that I should be entitled to more and advised me to obtain a renewal form. If it was decided that I was not in fact entitled to anymore could I lose either my indefinite status or all benefits?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116043 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic DLA RENEWALS
If there has been a deterioration in your condition you can report this as a change in circumstances. They will then send you a form to look again at your claim. They will look at the whole claim again (unless you ask them just to look at one component) and your entitlement can go up, down, or stay the same. However it is unlikely it will go down and you can always appeal against this if it does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOANMCVEIGH

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA RENEWALS
Holly

Just to add to PL's advice.

You should check whether you are in a PIP area, if you are then reporting this Change of Circumstances will result in your being transferred to PIP, the criteria are different from DLA and you may not qualify for PIP. Once you start a PIP transfer you are committed to completing it, there is no way for you to stay on DLA.

The following map has the current PIP areas.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOANMCVEIGH, Puccalove

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.